Principal Data Engineer – SQL Server
Principal Data Engineer opportunity with a technology focused company who are growing their Dublin City Centre data engineering and business intelligence teams. You will join a team of smart, driven data engineers where you will build ETL, database and data warehouse solutions using SQL Server and the Microsoft BI stack.
As a principal engineer, you will play a technical lead role for other data engineers and BI engineers in the team, while also making a big technical contribution. The key focus is building SQL Server solutions to deal with massive volumes of data. Strong T-SQL, optimisation, ETL, database and data warehouse skills are keys for success.
You will gain exposure to new technologies and a nice variety of projects – the company are always looking to improve their technology stack and happy to invest in making changes to improve their data analytics. There is a big focus on keeping engineers learning and engaged, so you will be encouraged to learn new technologies and contribute to different types of projects.
This will ideally suit a senior data engineer, with deep expertise in SQL Server development and the Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS in particular).
Role / opportunity:
- Principal Data Engineer role
- Join a specialized agile data engineering team
- SQL Server, T-SQL, ETL, Database Development, Data Migration, Data Warehousing, Big Data Engineering, Performance Tuning & Optimisation, SSIS, SSAS
- Tackle complex, challenging projects with huge volumes of data
- Learn new technologies and gain varied experience on Big Data Analytics projects
- Dublin City Centre
- Technical leadership of a team of experienced data engineers
Skills / experience:
- 8 – 12+ years’ experience in Data Engineering, BI development, SQL development, database development or similar
- Strong skills in SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS (and ideally SSAS)
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and solve new problems
- Strong communication skills
- Salary €80,000 – €100,000 (DOE) + attractive benefits package
- Permanent Position
- Dublin City Centre (with some remote working an option)
For more information contact Kieran Tumulty in confidence on 01 649 8510 or Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org
To see other similar opportunities please visit the Archer Recruitment website
I specialize in database and business intelligence recruitment.