Fire Fighting – Firewall Security Engineer
Want to work in a progressive organisation where you will play a vital role in the company’s growth?
Your new company is a growing managed services IT security company located in the heart of Dublin City centre. Due to growth within the company they are seeking an experienced firewall security engineer to join their expanding team.
You will assist in the securing of the IT network against internal & external threats to the company and its clients. Your role will involve monitoring, controlling and detecting malicious or anomalous network traffic. It will be your responsibility to ensure an established level of network security is maintained and remediate any gaps to achieve optimal levels of security in your client’s network.
You will work alongside your team, manager and clients to ensure that network security operations are maintained to be audit ready and are in compliance with regulations.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following
- Assist with implementation of the strategy, roadmap and delivery plans for network security in coordination with the network architecture and engineering functions
- Execute on day-to-day operations and maintenance of all the systems/components involved in network security, as directed
- Maintain network security devices and technologies
- Assist with implementation of email security & monitoring solutions
- Assist with compliance efforts for network security and specific operations requirements
- Monitor network security trends and suggest changes to policy, procedures, and tools to enhance the network security posture
- Track metrics for the effectiveness and maturity of network security operations
- Support efforts to automate processes
Education / Experience required
- Degree in computer science, cyber security or a related discipline.
- Cyber security experience across multiple disciplines monitoring, log gathering, event correlation, configuration, behaviour analytics, network engineering, application security, database, risk management, project management, etc.
- Experience dealing with complex network and firewall environments
- Experience working with outsourced teams and vendors
- Experience with network and security technologies such as Checkpoint, Citrix, Cisco, F5, McAfee
- Knowledge in security operations, cyber security monitoring, intrusion detection, and secured networks
Salary / Remuneration: EUR €60,000– €80,000
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Healtcare, Cycle to work scheme, work from 4 days per month
For more information contact Conor Foster confidentially on +353 1 649 8506 or email your CV firstname.lastname@example.org
I specialise in recruiting for IT security professionals, if you wish to discuss this or other IT security opportunities, please feel free to contact me.
For more IT security opportunities see: www.archer.ie
About Archer – Archer is a Specialist IT Recruitment Consultancy based in Dublin, Ireland