Big Data Engineer – Scala, Spark, Green Field
Exciting opportunity for a junior or mid – level Big Data Engineer to join a global fintech company who are creating a new Big Data platform. Your focus will be on building this product – it’s a green field setting where you will join a team of software engineers in an Agile environment.
The tech stack includes Scala, Spark, Kafka and Flink. This opportunity will suit a Scala developer or Big Data engineer 2/3 years’ into their career looking to tackle an interesting, challenging project.
The organization have a well-established, successful range of fintech products. Their Dublin office focuses on R & D for new products and ongoing development of existing products. It’s a flexible environment with nice people and great opportunities to learn and advance your career.
The ideal candidate will have commercial softwar engineering or data engineering experience (1 – 3 years), an education background in Computer Science or Software Engineering and a passion for data. Hands on experience with Java, Scala, Hadoop and/or Spark would be an advantage.
Role / opportunity:
- Big Data Engineer role
- Green field Big Data Platform
- Fintech Product
- Scala, Spark, Kafka, Flink
- Join an agile software engineering team
- Tackle complex, challenging projects with huge volumes of data
- Great learning and career progression opportunities
Skills / experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Strong Scala or Java skills
- Aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and solve new problems
EU Passport or Stamp 4 visa is a requirement
- Salary €40,000 – €55,000 (DOE) + attractive benefits package
- Permanent Position
- South Dublin
For more information contact Kieran Tumulty in confidence on 01 649 8510 or Kieran.firstname.lastname@example.org
To see other similar opportunities please visit the Archer Recruitment website
I specialize in analytics and business intelligence recruitment.